French Toast

On Saturday, I got up and decided to make french toast with the last half loaf of the Challah bread.

French toast my not seem exciting but it sure can make me happy. I usually use only one egg (I have an egg sensitivity so I don't make it very eggy) to about one cup of milk, add a few dashes of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg and about a teaspoon of brown sugar. Most of the time instead of using milk I will use half and half or mix milk with flavored non-dairy coffee creamer. It may not seem like much but it adds a little something special.

I got a little carried away with the syrup but I dealt with it. :) Berries and nuts are great on top also but I didn't think ahead and dove right in.

The kids decided I didn't make enough so next time I will have to keep that in mind.

Hot out of the pan with butter melted on top.

Comments

Popular Posts