July 4th!

Let me start by saying thank you to all of those who have served this country and made the freedoms we have possible.

This year I combined a vacation day with the long holiday weekend. I spent time doing things around the house, spending time with my kids and family and cooking of course.

Tara and I started the 4th by getting our hair done by the great and wonderful Jen.

The family got together in our yard to celebrate, except for Adam and his family who we missed. We also had a few friends join us. Amy made chicken skewers, Grandma made baked beans and salad, Tina and James brought the potato salad and drinks, Lisha did a great job on the watermelon and I made (perfect party) potatoes, brownies, strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting and cherry browned butter bars. Needless to say we had plenty of food as usual.

We spent time talking and enjoying each others company and when it got dark the kids lit fireworks. My street usually has so many it looks like a fireworks factory caught fire, but this year it was pretty mild.

Lisha, Junior and Monte hung around for a while after everyone else left and the kids all finally came in about 1 a.m.



I hope everyone had a good holiday.

Comments

Popular Posts