Teen Cooking: Episode 3: Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken

Now I realize that a young man who turns 20 in 4 months (YIKES!) may not be a teen by some peoples definition.  Well, I am going to do my best to ignore that (he CAN'T be that old) and include him under the "Teen Cooking" title anyway. 

Ryan was hesitant to participate in my new adventure for them and did his best to explain to me that with all the work he had for his college courses he just didn't have time. But in spite of his efforts he found himself assigned to cook dinner this last Tuesday.  Good Try!  He wasn't sure what he was going to make so I gave him a half dozen ideas and his sister helped him decided by giving her opinion. 

Ryan decided to make Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken.  He had a few questions but did very well.  He was smart to remember there was a good amount of left over steamed rice from the night before so he warmed that up, steamed some green beans in the microwave and toasted some prepared garlic bread.  Once again one of my children proves that they are more capable than they may want the world to realize.  It turned out great.  The chicken breast was moist and everyone loved it. 

Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken 

6 tsp unpacked Brown Sugar
3 Skinless Chicken Breast halves
2 cloves Garlic, minced
3 tbsp Butter 
Salt & Pepper to taste

Season chicken with salt and pepper
Melt the butter in a frying pan.  Good the garlic in the butter, until lightly golden. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, turning chicken over half way through. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast, cook one minute longer. Cover chicken with a lid.  Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes).
I am not sure where I found this recipe so if it is yours please claim it, I am happy to give credit.

Comments

Popular Posts