Chocolate Bottom Pumpkin Bars

I saw this recipe for Chocolate bottom banana bars on Just-cook-already.blogspot.com

They look so good but I am allergic to bananas. I don't mind making banana bread for the kids and friends but I would rather make something I can try. I decided to try using solid pack pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix, but pure 100% pumpkin puree (Libby's is the brand I use).

I made a 9 x 13 pan and cut them at about 6 p.m. by 9:30 there were only 6 pieces left! The kids, their friends and I love these. Now if you remember I really like pumpkin and Chocolate together as seen in my Perfect Chocolate chip cookies but these are quicker, easier and wonderful!

I used mini chocolate chip cookies because that is what Ryan brought home from the market. They all decided they liked the way the minis looked but I think I would like to use the regular semi-sweet chips most of the time.

Here is how I modified the "Just Cook Already" recipe. I thank them for sharing I hope they will forgive me for changing a few things.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used minis this time)

Instructions:
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg, beating thoroughly.

2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.

3. Divide batter in half. Add the cocoa to one portion of the batter. Spread that portion in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish (I lined pan with parchment paper). Spoon remaining batter on top, swirling gently with butter knife if desired, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until batter tests done with a toothpick or fork. Cool and cut into 24 squares.
From Food
From Food

Comments

  1. I really like this mixture of pumpkin and chocolate :D Great color and appearance :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts