The New Newton

I rarely buy packaged cookies but when they are given to me....well.....what's a girl to do?  I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when received a package of Newtons Fruit Thins.


My kid broke into the package first.  Hey!  I had to have guinea pigs! 

I watched as my 16 year old son took a bite and waited for "the face."  To my surprise his eyebrow lifted and he said something to the effect of 'hhmm not bad' and shrugged his shoulder.  Now if I translated that correctly (from the language of a teen boy to English) this means 'these are really good.'  So I decided to give them a try and found that they were actually quite good.  They were crisp, lightly sweet and have small bits of fruit.  They make a nice little treat and go very well with a cup of herbal tea.


Everyone of my children, as well as my co-workers and one of my oldest son's friends all liked them quite a bit. Do they replace a fresh homemade cookie? No. But they are definitely worth having around for a quick treat and they will most likely find their way into my shopping basket in the near future.

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Newtons Fruit Thins

Comments

Popular Posts