Mixed Berry Rustic Tart

Yes, I actually made dinner last night. I finally settled on chicken soft tacos and the kids, needless to say, were very happy to have something to eat that didn't come straight out of the freezer.

While I was getting things out of the refrigerator for dinner I noticed the kids had not eaten many of the berries I bought on Friday. I decided to make a dessert with a combination of berries. Deciding to make a rustic tart I pulled out the pie crust I had in the freezer to defrost while I made dinner. I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. This is what I came up with:

Unbaked tart
From Goodies


Baked tart with juices leaking
From Goodies


As you can see from the pictures my pizza stone is well used and seasoned.

I learned a few things. I need to make sure my pastry is a little thicker so that it doesn't tear. Any liquid at the bottom of the bowl after the fruit is placed on the pastry, needs to stay in the bowl. And, next time line the bottom self with foil to catch the dripping juices, should I still have any.

All in all it came out well (although I do need to clean the oven tonight) and the kids said it was very good.

I will post a recipe once I work out the kinks.

Comments

Popular Posts