Look Mom We Made Dinner!

Granted, I never get enough sleep. It is a fact of life I have come to accept, but yesterday was one of those days I could have fallen asleep standing up. As I drove home I wasn't sure what I was going to do for dinner. All I wanted to do when I got home was rest for a while so that I could have enough energy to get something done.

Cut to me and Nathan walking in the kitchen door: Tara is chopping vegetables and Jackie (Tara's good friend and sidekick) is doing dishes.

As I come in the door Tara looks at me and get a big smile on her face as she announces "We're making dinner!" I think to myself 'Yeah! perfect!' and proceeded to get out of the way. A short semi-nap and an hour later this is what was produced for dinner (maybe not a combination I would have come up with but very good and heck beggars can't be choosers):

Chicken Tortilla Soup
From Goodies

Ground Beef and Potatoes
From Goodies

Paninis with Turkey,cheese, asparagus and mushrooms
From Goodies
As you can see Jackie was really enjoying his food :)

I told them that if the kitchen was cleaned up quickly enough I would make Berry muffins. At that point Ryan turned to Tara and said "You better hurry and get the kitchen clean." I guess he likes muffins.

Needless to say I did make the muffins. I decided to add sliced almonds to the muffin batter and topped them with additional almonds before baking. Here is the basic recipe. I like a muffin with a lot of berries so I add more and I always add different things (like cinnamon, vanilla, etc) and change it a little. Try playing with it a little and see what you get.

Three Berry Muffins
2 C. Flour
3/4 C. Sugar
2-1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Milk
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
1-1/3 C. Berries (I like Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. In separate bowl whisk together milk, oil and eggs. Pour milk mixture into well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Carefully fold in the berries. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pick inserted comes out clean.
From Goodies

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts