Christmas Morning

My children tell me I have a cruel streak. While this is probably true I hope one day they will realize the things I do are for a reason.

My mother started a tradition with us kids, or at least tried to get it going for several years. Each Christmas we were not allowed to wake our parents before a certain time and we had to sing happy birthday to Jesus to remind us of the real reason for Christmas.

In my home the children are not allowed to wake me before 7:30 am (although this year they actually slept in a little). I always make breakfast and we eat as a family while discussing the birth of Christ and why we give gifts on Christmas. When they were younger I also had them sing happy birthday to Christ but this year decided they have now outgrown that part of it.

As I have done in several of the past years I made pecan praline baked french toast. I prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning.

The children feel that having to wait, eat and discuss the real meaning of Christmas is just my way of torturing them, but have learned to live with it.

My children where very generous as usual. They gave me a digital picture frame and also gave each other very thoughtful gifts. I, of course, decided to try a new virus for Christmas. It seems as if my body has decided to try every virus that comes within a block of me and see which one it one it likes best.

My friends and family were also very generous. I am thankful for everything I received and the time I was able to spend with my family.

As for my Christmas baking, it was limited this year. I made Oreo balls, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, toffee square cookies and white chocolate popcorn. Although it was not what I usually make everyone seemed to enjoy their basket of goodies.

Here are a few pictures of the kids opening gifts Christmas morning.

Comments

Popular Posts